Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5707
Title: Quality Analyst
Location: Chandler, AZ 85224
Note: Can be Remote but Preferred Arizona or Texas
Duration: 6+ Months with possible extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Quality Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring applications meet IT standards for functional, system, quality, security, performance, and architecture requirements.
- Software Test Engineer ensures applications meet IT standards for functional, system, quality, security, performance, and architecture requirements.
- Ability to drive intermediate level of test planning, execution, and quality reporting of software applications through project engagements and sustaining software test activities.
- This includes the creation of manual and automated test cases, and test execution plans.
- The Software Test Engineer will perform ambiguity reviews of business and software requirements, execute tests, log defects, and report test metrics and test status to the project teams.
- This role requires a deep experience in software test strategy, creation of test process deliverables, test metric definition and industry standard report definition.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive a QA strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Lead efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Provides testing support for an application.
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned products.
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to elaborate user stories.
- Review upcoming requirements for impact to testing.
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Identify and analyse defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Communicate testing results in conjunction with test plans.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
- Ensure that the project schedule is adhered to and the work is completed according to the schedule.
- Participate in daily scrum activities.
- Develop and implement processes to manage the deployment of applications to new clients.
- Executes project testing procedures and create testing deliverables, especially for acceptance testing.
- Identifies and maintains test data. Identifies defects, issues and concerns encountered during testing.
- Maintains defect reports and status during test cycles.
- Compares expected results to actual results and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Tracks and reports status of test execution.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Works closely with business analysts, developers, architects, and project managers for the successful and on time delivery of projects with highest quality.
- Interacts with managers, leads and peers to share information and clarify instructions.
- Ability to manage work across multiple projects and ability to lead all testing activities on a project.
- Builds test plans using standard templates defined by the organization.
- Works with more experienced test leads to assist in test strategy and process improvements.
- Builds and executes manual test cases and automated test scripts.
- Logs defects and conducts defect triage. Tracks, and validates resolution of requirements and software defects.
- Review test plans and test cases written by others and provide feedback/assistance.
- Evaluates and produces test and project metrics.
- Tracks progress to plan.
- Creates Test Execution plans.
- Categorizes and manages test suites.
- Speaks to what is blocking testing.
- Speaks to where there are most issues.
- Innovates the testing process using tools, techniques, and process tweaks.
- Analyses and reviews business and system requirements.
- Becomes an SME of the system and business process domain.
- Derives and produces test estimates.
- Build and cultivate relationships with development and business facing teams. Interact and collaborate with many teams multi-functionally.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating values and cultural behaviours.
- Models behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive background in operating system tuning and statistical analysis.
- Experience in the various types of testing (unit, integration, system, user acceptance, performance/volume/stress) preferred.
- Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements.
- Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/update statements, and basic grasp of Oracle or another relational database.
- At least one year of experience with scripting languages (Perl, Ruby, Python, Jython, Groovy, Tcl), and/or open source test tools (Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others), and/or commercial test tool scripting languages, and/or programming in any language.
- Knowledge of basic Unix commands; Unix shell scripting skills a plus.
- Experience collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts.
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment (preferably Scrum).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Solid work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the testing field.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and software development methodologies.
- Accepts changes in the customer environment, organizational structure, direction or priorities.
- Acquires knowledge of the customer's business in assigned area.
- Acquires knowledge of the customer's industry.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Able to work with customer as needed during test cycle.
- Able to interpret requirement documents and able to update test documents accordingly.
- 5+ years’ experience in acceptance testing.
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience in Information Technology.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Testing across the entire test lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of test methodologies and process implementation experience.
- Experience in test automation development, CI/CD tools, practices, and methodologies.
- Innovative and strategic thinking to act and create positive change.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with driving a test automation strategy (bonus).
- Java or .Net programming experience (bonus).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps / TFS.
- Automated Testing (Selenium).
- Regression testing of Software Applications.
Preferred Work Schedule: