Quality Manager – Chattanooga #1
Reference Code: 5197
We are looking for a strong and driven individual to join our Quality team for a Tier 1 Automotive supplier. As a Quality Manager, you will be responsible for directing/mentoring the quality team consisting of Quality Engineers, Weld Techs, Inspectors, CMM lab and Customer Liaisons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Represent the quality function on technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing;
2. Initiates and approves supplier/customer production/process control activities and reviews for implementation and effectiveness;
3. Maintain quality control sampling system, procedures, APQP, PPAP and IMDS activities
4. Manage, audit and continuously improve TS16949 systems and procedures;
5. Direct Customer and Supplier liaisons for plant quality activities and concerns including scheduled visits;
6. Establish and maintain all quality documents, samples, customer contact, supplier development, production start – up, product launch, and correction of production variances and warrant analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors degree or 2 to 1 year experience to education;
2. 7+ yrs exp. in Automotive/Mfg environment (Assembly based a plus)
3. 5+ yrs in a Management or Supervision position of Quality;
4. TS-16949 experience required;
5. Electrical or Mechanical product experience. Electro-mechanical experience is a big plus;
6. Development and implementation of quality systems and standards (FMEA’s, PPAP, control Plans, DVP&R’s, APQP);
7. World Class lean manufacturing implementation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Strong skills in problem solving, data analysis, administration, and change management;
2. Knowledge of quality philosophies and process;
3. Very Hands-ON and able mentor for Quality Engineering staff.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.