Reference Code: 4226
Our client, a tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently seeking a Quality Manager for their Hammond, IN plant. This person will lead the execution and deployment of the Strategic Quality Plan and manage quality resources to ensure product flow consistent with established internal standards, industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the Plant Quality Department which includes:
- Day to day activity
- Employee recruitment
- Resource allocation
- Employee assessment and development
- Supplier Management
- Manage the quality / customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied
- Responsible for the problem resolution process, whether internal or customer driven, which includes ensuring timing deadlines are met and using standard reporting tools
- Lead, implement, and verify the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes including leading Plant APQP activity and Customer and Supplier PPAP
- Oversees and/or may lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and industry quality system requirements (i.e. IATF 16949, VDA, ISO 9001, etc)
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years as a Quality Manager in an automotive plant
- Expertise in problem solving and analytical skills using 8D methodology
- Competent in quality tools such as: APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, MSA
- Knowledge and experience with automotive quality systems, including IATF 16949, ISO 9001, etc.
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Hammond, IN.
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com.