Reference Code: 5879
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Employment type: Direct Hire, Full Time Position
Compensation: $120,000 + Great Benefits + Bonus eligible + Great relocating package.
Overview: Our customer a leading Tier 1 automotive manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager to join their leadership team as a full-time employee in Traverse City, MI.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing quality execution practices, operational performance and improving/optimizing best practices and systems. This resource should have experience working for a manufacturing company.
- Responsible for managing internal quality execution practices and delivering on operational performance, improving on existing quality relationships that optimize the commodity best practices and systems, and develop and upgrade the talent of the operational quality team.
- Establishes quality standards and guidelines for manufactured products and processes.
- Develops subordinates and administers human resources programs as they relate to performance, utilization of training resources, and the application of company policies and procedures for Quality group; includes periodic involvement in the hiring of employees.
- Develops, administers, and is accountable for operating within constraints of approved operating budget.
- Establish planning, leadership and consultative support for the implementation of key customer quality systems.
- Support Regional Leaders with quality deliverables during product life cycle.
- Develop the performance of the Quality Operating System's key indicators to meet our customer satisfaction requirements.
- Develop and lead proper integration of Process Flows, FMEA's, Control Plans, and FTP from initial versions through production versions.
- Oversee Global Quality Reporting and support/review plant QOS Monthly reporting.
- Represents the “voice of the customer” in product quality and quality system matters with customers and suppliers.
- Directs Quality personnel in fulfilling assigned responsibilities.
- Oversees and directs all plant Quality activities and laboratory testing functions.
- Supports advanced quality plans to ensure effective product launches.
- Oversees and ensures the cleanliness, safety and security of the Quality Department’s physical facilities.
- Initiates, implements, and maintains systems in compliance with customer and TS16949 standards.
- Carries out assigned functions described in Policies, Procedures, and Quality Manuals.
- Special projects as assigned
- Make recommendations, plans, and suggestions that promote continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Quality Management, Manufacturing Technology, or a related engineering field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management or supervisory experience in a Quality position required.
- Experienced implementing quality standards and systems (IATF, Ts16949, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Malik.Khan@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals.