Job Title: Quality Supervisor
Location: Montgomery, AL
NATURE OF WORK: Quality supervisors are responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the quality control function on the plant floor, communicating and responding to customer concerns and requirements, and assisting the quality manager in all plant quality assurance activities. Incumbents in this classification are responsible for ensuring that products, processes, facilities, and systems conform to quality standards, resolving production quality concerns, and monitoring scrap for the client site.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Supervises quality employees and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting and testing assembled components, and parts, as vehicles and subassemblies proceed through stages of assembly process.
- Reviews quality assurance instructions, assembly specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
- Directs workers in quality assurance inspection and testing, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met.
- Reviews reports and confers with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems.
- Interprets and enforces all quality procedures for plant personnel and trains personnel on quality procedures.
- Motivates and develops direct reports to take on more responsibility or perform better on the job.
- Troubleshoots problems around quality to come up with solutions that are comprehensive and higher quality in investigation and follow-up.
- Implements and coordinates quality processes and systems.
- Manages process of quality specific to product or line to maintain consistency, reduce costs, bring about process improvement and maximize equipment capability.
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with established company quality policies, practices, SOPs, and federal regulations.
- Ensures quality of materials purchased, processed, manufactured and/or distributed by the client.
- Coordinates shift activity with off shift Supervisor.
- Supervises the work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems.
- Implements quality control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory equipment, and compliance with federal regulations; prepare and maintain applicable records.
- Prepares technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results;
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Designs appropriate work schedules for employees and plans daily work assignments in order to maintain an adequate personnel.
- Supports customers in daily yard repairs through arranging, tacking and disputing issues that arise.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
- Develops and implements Quality related documents including control plans, visual aids, and work instructions.
- Assists in the development of FMEA’s and Process Flows.
- Maintains professional relationships and perceptions of the company at customer assembly plants
- Provides knowledge and expertise of customer process to company's personnel
- Provides knowledge and expertise of company's manufacturing process to customer
- Supports pre-production, launch and production, as required, at customer assembly plants.
- Supports warranty and JD Power activities, as required and Production Trial Run (PTR) process.
- Conducts initial investigation for all concerns reported at customer assembly plants and provides detailed information to appropriate team members to conduct analysis
- Manages containment of parts at customer assembly plants and provide daily information for containment and cost status.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of quality standards and processes such as PPAP, PFEMA, Control Plans.
- Knowledge of the use of Risk Management and Task Force Teams (TFT) to address design, function, fit, and appearance of all equipment and parts.
- Knowledge of terminology pertaining to quality assurance as needed to respond to questions and provide oversight.
- Knowledge of various functions of an automotive plant such as maintenance, quality, production control, operations, and materials as needed to determine how they are interrelated and oversee employees in the quality department.
- Knowledge of strategies such as product lifecycle management (PLM), just-in-time, and self directed teams as needed to effectively implement these strategies.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in word processing and/or data entry equipment.
- Ability to distinguish between important and irrelevant facts, data, and/or information.
- Ability to provide sound rationale/explanations for decisions and/or actions.
- Ability to establish a rapport and maintain the trust and cooperation of others.
- Ability to take an unpopular stand when necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, supervisors and co- workers at all levels in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to interact with others to include listening, using a calm and neutral tone, remaining patient and tactful, and providing professional courtesy as needed to minimize the occurrence of conflicts, obtain needed information, coordinate with other departments, and complete assignments.
- Physical Ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Physical Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Physical Ability to see, hear and speak as needed to recognize or inspect the quality of seats.
Must be willing to work extended periods of time and alternating shift hours.
- Must be willing to work on weekends, holidays, or shift hours.
- Must be willing to travel between plant and customer location.
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing quality experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.