Reference Code: 4286
Our client, a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier, is looking for a Quality Supervisor for their manufacturing plant in Hammond, IN. The Quality Supervisor is primarily responsible for product and process controls per the control plan in conjunction with the plant’s production team.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead 8D problem resolution process for internal and external concerns which includes close interaction with Customer Quality Engineer on problem resolution updates.
- Ensure the ongoing compliance with the production control plans including maintaining the document(s) through the life of the program.
- Confirm the related test/measurement equipment is used properly, calibrated and maintained, including “red rabbits” for Poka Yoke verification.
- Collect, review and react to data collected within the manufacturing process per the control plan. Ensure the update and maintenance of the capability studies (SPC data collection). Supports continuous improvement efforts.
- Responsible for the approval and maintenance of quality documentation on behalf of Quality as part of a cross functional team for the production line/cell such as control plans, work instructions, boundary samples, appearance books, rework/inspection instructions, etc.
- Ensure compliance to the containment, rework, and inspection processes for non-conforming product. Lead disposition of non-conforming product and ensure timely disposition.
- Quality lead on problem solving team and for Fast Response System. Responsible for driving the problem-solving process including tool use, confirming 8D content and meeting customer and/or internal response time requirements.
- In case of non-conforming product, facilitates the problem-solving process with the relevant team.
- Coordinate necessary internal sorting activities
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Perform process capability studies on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the modification of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Supervise the Manufacturing Process Quality Inspectors/Auditors. Responsible for the inspection/audit process and the output of the inspections/audits.
- Stop any process or product delivery in case of a non-conformance of customer expectations, safety or environmental risks.
Qualifications for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years of quality experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret drawings to ensure the understanding of the agreed quality parameters and product specific requirements
- Understanding of practical problem-solving tools using 8D methodology:
- Is-Is Not
- Fishbone diagram
- Affinity Diagrams
- Three legged 5 Why
- Experience in product, process and Layered Process Audits
- Professional experience with quality tools and production control methods such as:
- Control Plans
This is a full-time position that requires a daily presence in Hammond, IN.