Quality Supplier Engineer
Reference Code: 4289
Our client, a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier, is looking for a Quality Supplier Engineer for their manufacturing plant in Hammond, IN. The Quality Supplier Engineer verifies incoming materials conform to documented requirements, prepares incoming inspection instructions and equipment operation instructions, and ensures that nonconforming material is segregated or moved to an area responsible for necessary repairs and then another inspection before use.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintain customer concern countermeasure list for plant issues
- 8D report creation and coordination
- Procedures for Quality
- Support internal and customer quality issues
- Support design changes and trials
- Mentor technicians on quality issues
- Review procedures for the Quality System
- Quality control activity management
- Weekly conference call with non-compliant suppliers
- Supplier product/process audit
- PPAP approval and tracking from all suppliers
Qualifications for consideration include:
- Professional experience with quality tools and production control methods in an automotive manufacturing environment such as:
- TS16949 quality management system and quality control techniques.
- VDA 2, VDA 6.3
- FMEA, SPC, TQM, etc. methodology.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of precision tooling, experience with comparators, height gauges, and micrometers.
- Knowledge of ASTM standards in the industrial field and education and prior work requirements.
- Knowledge of various functions of an automotive plant such as maintenance, quality, production control, operations, and materials as needed to determine how they are interrelated and oversee employees in the quality department.
This is a full-time position that requires a daily presence in Hammond, IN.