Quality Systems Engineer/confidential
Reference Code: 4451
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire an experienced Quality Systems Engineer for their facility in the Ann Arbor, MI area. This person will design and implement quality assurance systems, processes, and procedures as necessary to insure product/service quality. This person must be a Certified IATF Lead Auditor.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with the ISO/IATF 16949 Core Tools
- Identify root cause of problems and delays and expedite corrective action
- Define and implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement (Lessons Learned)
- Maintain the quality of the engineering systems by working with Internal and External Auditors to control the projects and processes
- Manage the improvement of systems through the issuance, control and monitoring of corrective actions
- Control and follow-up with the engineering changes to ensure the correct implementation of new projects and products are underway
- Provide system implementations or updates for new engineering processes
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be a Certified IATF Lead Auditor
- Knowledge of quality tools/techniques (APQP, PPAP, IATF 16949, 5-Phase, 8D etc.)
- Working knowledge of SPC.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes.
- Knowledge of Statistical Problem Solving Techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a bonus
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in the Ann Arbor, MI area.