Regional Credit Supervisor
Website Finance / Accounting
Reference Code: 7088
The Regional Credit Manager will direct all credit and collection activities of a designated major part of a regional credit organization in accordance with established policies, practices and procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and their prompt conversion to cash, minimization of bad debt risk, while maximizing service and support to both internal and external customers.
- Extends credit to customers in accordance with established company policy and terms, which would include reviewing and assembling customer files and reports, analyzing financial statements and supplementary information, making additional investigation and contacts required, evaluating the credit risks, approving or rejecting accounts, submitting recommendation of deviations for review and approval, or rejection, by Corporate Finance.
- Reviews regularly the status of collections to assure that accounts receivable are in reasonably sound condition according to defined standards.
- Maximizes and protects cash flow by planning and maintaining a program for the systematic follow up and collection of accounts receivable, which would include the directing, managing and evaluation of the effectiveness of staff activity.
- Reviews, analyzes, adjust and document credit lines as needed to ensure maximum flow of product to customer, meeting on time delivery requirements without compromising accounts receivable, and maximizing inventory turns and lowering carrying costs.
- Regularly reviews ?Order hold? reports for release, or determining continuation of hold potential, through collaborative communication with the sales staff including working with Sales staff, reviewing established credit limits, payment and collections history and customer fulfillment of agreements.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with sales staff and the Director, Financial Services regarding customer problems and business opportunities in order to maximize productivity and customer service.
- Proactively communicate with the branch, Director, Financial Services, CFO, Corporate Controller, and regional sales management team regarding focus/target accounts, marginal accounts that may require holding orders to secure payments due, A/R purge and write-off accounts, A/R reserves, and monthly A/R performance results as a means to enhance the coordinating efforts between sales and credit in order to meet established regional and corporate objectives.
- Proactively discusses, recommends and obtains approval by the Corporate Credit Manager to grant credit lines or credit terms outside of authority by analyzing financial information from various sources (i.e., customer, trade industry reports, D & B, Summit, and the internet) to preface qualifying the approval request.
- Travel to other regional branch offices and customer sites to develop collaboration and rapport with internal and external customers by generating improved knowledge and understanding of customer needs and objectives, thus allowing TTI to accommodate the needs that will help achieve mutual objectives.
- Develops and directs a credit team by hiring qualified people, utilizing effective systems, communication and motivational techniques, providing ongoing performance management, rewarding higher levels of performance and by providing effective training, development, and succession planning.
- Participates in the TTI Total Quality Program by driving the importance of quality, ensuring that the Credit Department is following the defined processes, and identifying the areas of process improvement.
- Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with customers, financial institutions (as appropriate), credit sources, and the trade; directs the maintenance of such contacts in designated area of activity; attends trade meetings and seminars as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree from a four-year university preferred with a minimum ten-years credit, collections, accounts receivable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Management/Supervisory experience is required. NACM certification a plus.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to analyze and resolve account problems relative to credit status with sensitivity to customer requirements and needs.
- Ability to plan and organize without close supervision.
- Direct, trains and motivates credit staff to set goals and objectives in line with corporate goals and objectives.
- Possesses ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses strong business analytical knowledge.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Proficient with financial related software packages and computer systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications at an intermediate level preferred.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred.
What we offer our team members:
- A great benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) Medical/ Dental/ Vision, 401(k)/Roth plan with matching, Healthcare Savings Accounts.
- Educational Assistance. (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Ongoing training throughout your employment with opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs.
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities through philanthropic opportunities.
Want to learn more? Visit us at Working at TTI, Inc.
TTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans? status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
High School or better.
Bachelors or better.
Management/Supervisory experience is required.
5 years: Degree from a four year university preferred with a minimum five years credit, collections, accounts receivable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.