Remote Hadoop Data Engineer
Website Big Data
Reference Code: 6331
Hi, my name is Sara Byron. I am a Senior Data Engineer Technical Recruiter with blueStone Staffing. My whole focus is working with the top 10% of Data Engineers in the country. I work with Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Redshift, MongoDB, and Python.
I have a job opportunity available for a Remote Hadoop Data Engineer. Please review the below job description and apply if interested. Thank you!
Job Title: Remote Hadoop Data Engineer
Employment Type: Contract (1 year +)
City: Remote – Company is based out of Dearborn, MI
Shift: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Status: Accepting Candidates
Salary Range: $120K – $140K (Depending on Experience)
Start Date: ASAP
You will be responsible for providing the data support for enterprise data management tasks, including ingestion, standardization, enrichment, mastering and assembly of data products for downstream applications. Additionally:
- The Remote Hadoop Data Engineer will have advanced knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, APIs and its components
- Design and code Hadoop applications to analyze data collections
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified.
- The Remote Hadoop Data Engineer will Lead design, delivery estimates and code reviews and mentor other software engineers
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Knowledge of data transfer and ingestion technologies including: Evaluate existing data solutions, write scalable ETLs, & develop documentation
- The Remote Hadoop Data Engineer will translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Determine and execute the software deployment process and troubleshoot performance issues
- The Remote Hoop Data Engineer will anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and cost ballooning within the team’s projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- The Remote Hadoop Data Engineer will look for security vulnerabilities in coding
- Participate in discussions about the team’s future vision and strategy
- The Remote Hoop Data Engineer will develop data quality and validation routine
- Build distributed reliable and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in real-time and other unstructured data.
Technical Skills Required:
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Hbase, Oozie)
- Informatica or Datastage
- Linux, shell scripting
- Data Management – including running queries and compiling data for analytics o Data Management – including running queries and compiling data for analytics o Data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic)
- Big Data / NoSQL technologies including Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Scala, PySpark)
- Oozie, Pig Latin Scripts, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Ranger), especially command line experience with loading and manipulating files within HDFS
- Databases including Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Hive, HBase
- 5+ years of Real time Streaming including RTSA/PCF Services /Kafka/Nifi
- Alteryx, QlikView, Jenkins
- Agile methodologies
- Working on CSV, AVRO, ORC, Parquet file Formats
- Ingesting Embedded Modem data from Accenture cloud/VSDN/TMC
- GCP (Big Query, Data Proc, Etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Click on the apply link to apply to this job, or give me a call at 847-440-5759 to discuss in more detail, ask for Sara.
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!