Scrum Master/Project Manager
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5077
Our client, one of the largest distributors of construction materials in the country, is adding a Scrum Master to their PMO! The Scrum Master will be a servant leader for assigned Scrum teams. The Scrum Master promotes and supports the use of Scrum while helping drive success for the assigned teams. The Scrum Master reports to the PMO.
- Ensuring the features and stories are set up properly in JIRA, Confluence and any other tools being used to allow team to function effectively and efficiently.
- Partnering with the Lead Developer and Product Owner to facilitate estimation of new work; determining the resource needs for the work based on those estimates.
- Coaching the team to be self-organizing and cross-functional.
- Removing impediments for the team.
- Facilitating Scrum events as needed: sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews and grooming sessions.
- Assessing and communicating team velocity and capacity for delivery and ensuring sprint planning takes this into account.
- Facilitating sprint deliverable commitments.
- Ensuring the team creates actionable items for improvement and productivity.
- Working with other Scrum Masters and Project Managers to support multiple team communication and dependency management.
- Confirming Product Owners and Business Sponsors execute user acceptance testing and document results.
- Aligning with Program Managers on program governance.
- Reporting on Agile KPIs both within and outside the team.
- Facilitating creation of deployment plan (Dev Lead and DevOps play a large role in creation).
- Helping plan timing of feature delivery, along with the Product Owner and stakeholders (this includes Pilot and Rollout).
- Facilitating coordination and prioritization of support activities with Product Owner and team.
- Helping team understand the value of clear, concise, and independent Backlog Items (user stories).
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Working together with development managers, lead and coach the organization in its Scrum adoption.
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness of Scrum across the organization.
- Working with Product Owner and Lead Developer to hold the team accountable for timelines, quality, adherence to agile practices, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Current hands on Project Management experience
- Scrum Master certification is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct work experience in a scrum master capacity for an Agile software development team is required.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is desirable, but not required.
If you are looking for your next career move, then contact me at 847.440.2454 or email me at Amanda.email@example.com.
blueStone Staffing recruit’s top talent for some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis.
We take pride in representing our candidates to great opportunities that you might not have access to elsewhere. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals.
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com.