Website Application Development
Reference Code: 4678
Our client, a large wholesale distributor that has won multiple “Best Places to Work” awards, is currently seeking an experienced SDET to join their team in Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Create and maintain both manual and automated testing scripts utilizing Selenium and Cucumber.
- Collaborate on an agile team, with an emphasis on quality through the SDLC.
- Represent the testing team and participate in agile events to obtain an understanding of system changes in preparation for test case development.
- Optimize test cycle efficiency and add test automation into the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Track all results, problems and defects throughout the testing cycle.
- Aid in troubleshooting issues with product teams
- Take direction from the Automated QA team to learn technologies, patterns and best practices for writing test scripts
Requirements for consideration include:
- College degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- 2+ years’ of professional experience with automation testing
- Strong knowledge of scripting in automation frameworks including Selenium, Appium, Cucumber and Java required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of Test-Driven/Behavior-Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Working knowledge of estimating work and actions to complete tasks
- Experience working with eCommerce applications is a plus
- Basic database skills for writing SQL query writing and back end validation
- Ability to troubleshoot software defects and help identify the root cause
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Chicago, IL.
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com.