Senior Process Engineer (Robotics Lead)
Reference Code: 4999
Title: Senior Process Engineer (Robotics Lead)
Location: Warren, MI, 48090
Duration: 51 Weeks, 5 Days With possibility of extension
Shift: Day shift with some weekends, off-shifts and holidays.
The career level Robotics Engineer is responsible for supporting new program launches, daily plant operations and projects. Work is performed in an assembly/plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Project implementation/execution (SOR prep, forecasting, controls/robotics design, equipment build/run-off and buyoff)
- Manage Robot deliveries to program timing milestones
- Quality and thru-put improvement
- Support daily plant operations during the launch phase (robot programming and troubleshooting)
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with plant engineers and skill trades
- Provide technical direction to less experienced controls/Robotics engineers and skill trades.
- Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls/Robotics and vision systems
- Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Create, maintain and keep current all hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component part documentation
- Basic Skills – Required (10+ years of experience as a controls/robotics engineer)
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
- Experience in Fanuc robots setup, programming and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple challenging projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills
- Multiple different manufacturing controls and/or robotics assignments with successful individual achievements
- Complete knowledge of and ability to use RS Logix Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net and remote I/O communications protocol
- Complete understanding and ability to use Excel, Word, Access, Acad 2000 or Acad 2000LT, and all related computer software for machine programming, backup and monitoring
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Knowledge of Competititve Manufacturing Strategies.
- Self –motivated and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor work
- General knowledge of controls and pneumatics is a plus
- Understanding of GMS and 4 walls within the site or program
- Prior work experience as a Robot Engineer in the automotive field
- Robots: GE Fanuc 420S, GE Fanuc LR Mate
- Fanuc Vision
- CAD Systems: AutoCAD 2007
- Bachelor’s degree with major in engineering or equivalent experience/training