Senior Project Engineer
Reference Code: 4950
Location: Warren, Michigan 48092
Duration: 52 Weeks
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
The senior process engineer is responsible for Program Execution for Machine Controls and Robotics. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- New program implementation/execution (SOR prep, forecasting, controls/robotics design, equipment build/run-off and buyoff)
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts
- Manage deliveries to program timing milestones
- Provide project report outs to senior management
- Existing program/site support (troubleshooting, etc.)
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all customers/plants
- Provide technical direction to less experienced controls engineers.
- Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls systems
- Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology
- Travel as required about 50% travel to different GM plants in US and Canada. Expenses are reimbursable.
- Technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment. This includes being highly proficient with application of programmable machine controls hardware and software.
- Proven ability in project management skills. This includes excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of GM’s Global Safety Standards and Global Common Controls Architecture
- Self-motivated, energetic, analytical, safety conscious and builds relationships.
- Supporting build and manufacturing with our strategic suppliers
- Must have experience with Rockwell PLC – non-negotiable
- Must have minimum of 7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred not mandatory.
- Preferred Work Schedule:
- Monday through Friday, 7am-3:30pm