Senior Software Engineer
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5204
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas 78753
Duration: 24 Weeks, 2 Days
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is a team member of Global Connected Consumer.
Advanced Development & Concepts Group and is responsible and accountable for designing, developing, testing and evaluating software components for Real-Time event processing applications that leverage Big Data technologies and large scale data infrastructure.
Data projects will have a focus on collecting, parsing, and managing large sets of data using multiple platforms.
This role requires deep hands-on experience in software development and data structures.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as contribute to multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
Must be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks with focus on UI design and development.
• Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort.
• Demonstrate mastery of front end development with Angular and SignalR.
• Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration.
• Integrate software with existing software/systems.
• Experience with Web Service standards (REST) and development tools such as Postman and Swagger.
• Proficiency with version control (git).
• Experience with writing unit tests.
• Over 5 years of software development experience using Angular and RESTful services.
• A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience.
• At least 7 years developing enterprise applications.
• Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
• Strong knowledge of design patterns, different programming paradigms.
• Strong conceptual knowledge of processing data at rest and data in motion using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop – HDFS, MapReduce, Pig/Hive, HBASE, FLUME, SQOOP, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC).
• Enterprise level IT experience in an Architect or Lead developer role.
• SUSE Linux.
• Experience with IBM Streams and other IBM Big Data technologies.
Preferred Work Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.