Software Engineer – Java/C++
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5462
Application Software Engineer – Java/C++
Our client, one of the Nation's leading automobile makers in the world is in search of a Software Engineer to join their Infotainment diagnostics team, which supports all of the radio systems for cars across the world.
The Diagnostics Software Engineer for the infotainment system manages, electrical signals and software diagnostic messages across the radio and vehicle platforms using development tools in Java, C++, C on Android and QNX platforms.
You will work on Diagnostics Fault Management, Diagnostics Commands, Programming Interfaces, Over the Air Update, Programming Interfaces development, Manufacturing and provide plant support when needed.
You will be working on developing, testing, and releasing SW components that handle DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and Diagnostic services per specifications.
***If Interested: please reply directly to Terra Stahlbaum @ firstname.lastname@example.org with your up to date resume, contact information and availability to speak about the role in more detail.
- Design and develop Diagnostics functionality and enhancements for Infotainment system.
- Develop software in C/C++ (For our QNX based platforms), Java (for our Android based platforms) and other scripting languages such as Python or Shell.
- Participate in variety of software and ECU (Electronic Control Unit) testing including unit testing, integration testing, bench end to end testing and in-vehicle test.
- Deliver quality software by involving in architecture, requirements, design, code, and test case reviews.
- Coordination with internal and external teams during development cycle.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Support manufacturing requirements analysis and development.
- Work with System architects and System Engineers to define and clarify requirements.
- Consider quality and safety critical functionality and understand electrical and computing risks that arise from working on Embedded System.
- Responsible for delivering output such as creating flowchart, documentations, filling DFMEA (Design for Failure Mode Analysis), Requirements Traceability, White-box and Black-Box testing plans, Test Reports.
- Define a reusable application framework for Infotainment systems that scales from low end vehicles to luxury models.
- Take initiative and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, development, and testing for current, new, and major programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
- Experience working on Android applications
- Software Development experience with Java, C++
- 2 years in designing and developing system level software.
- Excellent programming and debugging skills with C, C++, Java.
- Experience with scripting languages such as shell, Python, Perl.
- Experience with source control tools such as: Git, Gerrit.
- Understanding on unit test framework such as Junit test
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process.