Splunk Technical Specialist
My client is a Fortune 500 company that is currently listed as one of the top companies to work for as well as one of the largest private companies in the US. They currently have a remote long-term Splunk Technical Specialist contract opportunity for their Technologies Group.
- The role requires a strong analytical acumen and solution orientation to influence and guide Core Splunk team and Splunk Enterprise Security platform support efforts to avoid potential financial and operational risks to the company and its customers.
- The role’s insight and proposed actions should strive to be strategic, look beyond stop gap measures and seek to drive improvements to the technical operation and support of Information Security technologies in a manner that balances the company’s security needs with the business impact and benefit.
- The role requires the ability to deal effectively and efficiently with escalations and time sensitive, difficult situations/people under pressure particularly in the area of restoration of services
- Splunk Administrator Certification is required.
- Strong understanding of Onboarding Data within a large Splunk Environment.
- Strong understanding of Security Data sources and usage within a SOC.
- Approximately 5 to 7 years working within Information Technology
- Over 1+ years’ experience of ITIL Incident Management and co-ordination in a large organization
- Breadth of knowledge and experience in a wide variety of technologies and software solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines: Unix/Linux, Windows 2012 server O/S, Web/IIS, networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ
- Scripting- having knowledge and experience with Linux Shell scripting and Microsoft PowerShell scripting. Being able to understand and use best practices of completing tasks and finding solutions using existing or building new scripts to help automate today’s manual infrastructure and application tasks
- 2-4 years of experience working with Splunk
Email Resumes to email@example.com
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com.