Website Application Development
Reference Code: 8316
Senior Data Architect
Location: Dallas, TX or Remote (USA)
Job Type: Direct Hire ? Full Time
**Please Note: Job is available as W2 only. There is no option to work C2C or 1099.
Our client is seeking a Senior Data Architect to lead data design efforts and guide other data team members to develop standards, propose/ evaluate technology and or tools, and provide governance for data integration, data modeling, storage, and data delivery/ data access for the enterprise. The Senior Data Architect will drive the development of best practices for the organization and mentor developers, analysts, and other members of the team.
This position will lead the design and architecture as well as data modeling functions of a modern enterprise data landscape partnering with key business and development teams to deliver world-class Operational and Business Intelligence/ Advanced Analytics data-driven solutions.
The scope of the role involves all aspects of the project life cycle from envisioning to implementation and support. This role takes a lead in the department?s strategic vision and implementation of critical BI data assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the business partners & product development teams to capture requirements & determine data-driven solutions to integrate with existing BI assets, prototypes, and systems.
- Drive key technical and design discussions with technical and non-technical audiences across the organization.
- Responsible for designing POCs, determining final designs, and working through data engineers to deploy solutions that optimize client satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain high-level enterprise data model and conceptual views of related data sub-architectures (e.g., database, data integration, data warehouse/business intelligence, reporting, metadata, and content management architectures).
- Identify and implement service standards in conjunction with stakeholder-specific requirements (e.g., transaction processing speed, data mining, and reporting capabilities, data security, scalability, etc.).
- Optimize overall data/information flow by reducing redundancy and enabling accessibility within security boundaries.
- Perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing overall ETL architecture, including ETL standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Determine organizational strategies for data integrity validation & governance practices and processes.
- Partner with the Leadership team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Must drive innovations by keeping current on emerging technology and data trends and methodologies; communicate trends and opportunities to management and other stakeholders as needed.
- Play a key role in mentoring/training other team members and stakeholders.
- Identify alternative uses of technologies that enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall corporate and business needs.
- Participate in the proliferation of our Corporate Meta-data Repository and distribution.
- Communicate, manage, and mitigate risks related to business, technology, and personnel.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, business system designs, and data architecture.
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on experience designing data platforms and/ or data pipelines leveraging cloud data technologies on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3+ years of experience and extensive knowledge and understanding of data modeling for 3NF (OLTP) and STAR (OLAP ? Kimball).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in ETL/ ELT development including SSIS, and AWS Glue.
- 3+ years of SQL Server (or comparable database) experience with BI/DW deployments
- Hands-on experience developing and managing Agile or SAFe/Agile practices using industry-standard tools such as Jira or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS S3/Redshift, Snowflake, DBT).
- Experience designing streaming scalable architectures.
- Familiarity with designing and/ or implementing Advanced Analytics/ Machine Learning models (MLOps) in an Enterprise Environment.
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL technologies and distributed storage/ systems
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Erwin Data Modeler or similar data modeling software.
- Strong understanding of architecture/ modeling techniques such as Canonical/ Common, Dimensional, Hub, and Spoke (Enterprise Data Hub), Data Mesh, Master Data Management, etc.
- Strong understanding of Data Services (DaaS) techniques and architectures.
- Proven track record as Architect, leading development teams to deliver successful business intelligence solutions with complex data sources.
- Direct experience developing and managing structured test processes as well as test/dev & production technical environments (staging, test, dev, production).
- Experience with Github or similar ?code management? systems and repositories.
- Strong analytical skills and enjoy solving complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Must be a strong team player, team leader, and coach.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work both autonomously and with appropriate collaboration amount other team members applying Data Management concepts to a variety of ?real-life? business scenarios.
- Must be able to influence others through the articulation of ideas, concepts, benefits, etc.
- Must possess strong organizational, facilitation, and critical thinking abilities, to assess complex problems, analyze options, navigate diverse perspectives and objectives, and develop acceptable Data Management solutions.
- Ability to clearly represent complex business problems and technical solutions.
For more information, please call our Recruiter directly at 847.440.2458. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to email@example.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!