Sr; Data Engineer
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 6032
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for designing, building & managing the advanced analytics platform to support data science and the business intelligence teams with a mind toward accuracy, scalability, and high performance.
· Work with the product owner and data stakeholders to understand the business requirements and implement optimal data solutions.
· Architect, implement, and operate stable, scalable, and highly performant data pipelines that cleanse, structure, and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end-user analyses and reporting.
· Build & operate the centralized data repository on AWS technologies to optimize our data lifecycle and enable next-generation data analytics.
· Provide architectural, functional, and process guidance on system capabilities and solution approaches.
· Provide technical guidance and thought leadership to other members of the team.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Strong TSQL coding skills
· Strong SSIS and reporting skills
· 5 years of hands-on experience with Data Warehousing design & implementation (preferably with a cloud-based warehouse (e.g., Redshift or Snowflake).
· 5 years of strong experience with SQL and ability to write efficient code for high volume data processing.
· 5 years of hands-on experience supporting high-performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing processes.
· 4 years of programming experience with an advanced language (C#, Python, Java, etc.).
· 3 years of hands-on experience implementing data lake solutions (preferably on AWS technologies).
· 3 years of hands-on experience with AWS Big Data technologies (Kinesis, EMR, AWS Glue, etc.) is a plus, but not required.
· Experience with NoSQL technologies (DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.).
· Experience ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes.
· Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.
· Experience in agile development methodologies.
· Knowledge of statistical concepts and their application in reporting and data mart applications.
· Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Enthusiastic attention to detail.
· Ability to acquire new skills quickly and thrive in a collaborative team environment.