Sr Data Engineer
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 6748
Senior Data Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire
Compensation: Competitive salary with medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k with company match; new parent leave; ESPP; gym membership subsidy.
Our client, a pioneer in financial technologies and solutions, is seeking a Data Engineer III who relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. This individual is an expert with modern data architectures, data modeling, ETL design, business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure create significant business impact. The Senior Data Engineer needs to possess exceptional technical expertise in large-scale data warehouse and BI systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, building & managing the advanced analytics platform to support data science and the business intelligence teams with a mind toward accuracy, scalability, and high performance.
- Work with the product owner and data stakeholders to understand the business requirements and implement optimal data solutions.
- Architect, implement, and operate stable, scalable, and highly performant data pipelines that cleanse, structure, and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end-user analyses and reporting.
- Build & operate the centralized data repository on AWS technologies to optimize our data lifecycle and enable next-generation data analytics.
- Provide architectural, functional, and process guidance on system capabilities and solution approaches.
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership to other members of the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong TSQL coding skills
- Strong SSIS and reporting skills
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Data Warehousing design & implementation (preferably with a cloud-based warehouse (e.g., Redshift or Snowflake).
- 5 years of strong experience with SQL and ability to write efficient code for high volume data processing.
- 5 years of hands-on experience supporting high-performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing processes.
- 4 years of programming experience with an advanced language (C#, Python, Java, etc.).
- 3 years of hands-on experience implementing data lake solutions (preferably on AWS technologies).
- 3 years of hands-on experience with AWS Big Data technologies (Kinesis, EMR, AWS Glue, etc.) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.).
- Experience ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and their application in reporting and data mart applications.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic attention to detail.
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
For more information, please call Terra Stahlbaum directly at 847.440.2464. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!