SR. FINANCIAL RISK MANAGER – Southfield
Website Finance / Accounting
Reference Code: 4903
Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Sr. Financial Risk Manager
Excellent pay + solid bonus + good relocation
Our client, a large tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently seeking a Senior Financial Risk Manager for their corporate location in Southfield, MI. This strategic role will work on an international scale for all subsidiaries, division, units and plants within this dynamic organization. You will lead the process and team in the identification, modeling, strategizing, and executing hedge transactions on behalf of the company and its subsidiaries to remove, alter, or otherwise mitigate financial risk primarily associated with foreign exchange and to a lesser extent interest rate and commodities.
- Provide education, guidance, and supervision to Risk Management Team in all areas of risk-related finance with the goal of building the complete risk management skill set.
- Work with global operating units to identify transactions which may result in transaction exposure. Identify, evaluate, and execute appropriate strategies within the guidelines of the Foreign Currency Exchange Management Policy to minimize or mitigate operating profit margin volatility caused by exchange rate movement.
- Analyze foreign exchange income statement impacts, identifying key drivers and potential strategies to eliminate or mitigate net income volatility caused by exchange rate movement.
- Guide and validate all financial risk modeling activity including financial impact analysis, sensitivity modeling, simulation analysis, value at risk, correlation analysis, and any other financial models required.
- Oversee all trading activity within the company to insure consistent best execution for FX spot and forward activity, interest rate swaps, commodity derivatives, and other related market activity.
- Interface with business units throughout the company (senior management, sales, operational finance, purchasing) to provide consulting on all areas of financial risk, including risk analysis for the capital budgeting process.
- Provide all needed support to corporate/local accounting staff on hedge accounting requirements under U.S. GAAP for all hedge activity, ensure all appropriate documentation is in place for relevant transactions.
- Prepare, evaluate, and present financial risk management strategies & techniques to senior Treasury/Finance staff, including all related analysis and research.
- Guide the evaluation and implementation of technology improvements within Risk Management directed at reducing administrative activity and streamlining the trade process while maintaining strong internal controls
- Interface with the financial markets remaining current on economic statistics/news/events which impact the financial markets, developing and maintaining relationships with bank counterparts and applying acquired market information to company's situation.
- Challenge corporate risk policies/procedures in light of continued growth, industry pressure, and market tools. Continuously benchmark policies/procedures to provide best-in-class financial risk management while maintaining a strong control environment.
- Work extensively with other functional groups within Treasury, providing analytical support as needed to meet department goals and objectives.
Qualifications (Education / Experience / Special Skills)
- Solid foundation in fundamental financial principals and ability to conceptualize practical application of them to company's unique situation.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong track record in financial analysis; financial risk management expertise a plus but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Advanced degree preferred)
- Broad finance and accounting skills with 6+ years of progressive experience with multinational companies
- Experience in Treasury with a focus in Capital Markets and/or Risk Management
Please send your resume to Malik.Khan@blueStoneStaffing.com
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com