Sr. Project Engineer (Controls)
Reference Code: 5489
Title: Sr. Project Engineer (Controls)
Location: Warren, Michigan 48092
Duration: 1+ Year with possibility of extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Senior Project Engineer (Controls) who will be responsible for supporting build and manufacturing with our strategic suppliers
Important Notes for the Position:
- supporting build and manufacturing with our strategic suppliers
- Must have experience with Rockwell PLC – non-negotiable
- must have minimum of 7 years of experience – Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred not mandatory.
- The senior process engineer is responsible for Program Execution for Machine Controls and Robotics.
- Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates advanced control system design from written sequence of operation.
- Engineer and design pneumatic piping diagrams.
- Engineer and design electrical wiring diagrams.
- Engineer and design hydraulic piping diagrams.
- Design electrical control panels.
- Design programmable logic controller software.
- Design programmable human machine interface (HMI) software.
- Try-out, debug and provide start-up support for control systems.
- Provide technical support for installation of tools and equipment.
- Provide technical support for training of plant personnel.
- Travel to plant sites as required.
- Coordinates needed support resources to achieve project objective(s).
- Coordinate the activities of a small group of Engineers/Designers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- New program implementation/execution (SOR prep, forecasting, controls/robotics design, equipment build/run-off and buyoff).
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts.
- Manage deliveries to program timing milestones.
- Provide project report outs to senior management.
- Existing program/site support (troubleshooting, etc).
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all customers/plants.
- Provide technical direction to less experienced controls engineers.
- Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls systems.
- Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology.
- Travel as required about 50% travel to different plants in US and Canada. expenses are reimbursable.
- Technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
- Being highly proficient with application of programmable machine controls hardware and software.
- Proven ability in project management skills.
- Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of Safety Standards and Global Common Controls Architecture.
- Self-motivated, energetic, analytical, safety conscious and builds relationships.
- Highly proficient with application of programmable machine controls hardware and software.
- Highly proficient with application of Servo drive hardware and software.
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD.
- Proficient with basic electrical standards.
- Proficient with basic safety standards.
- High level of creativity in design projects.
- Ability to use and interpret analytical techniques to verify or select alternate design approaches.
- High school graduate or equivalent training and fourteen years related work experience.
- Associates Degree in a technical field and ten years related work experience, or Four year college degree which includes technical coursework and seven years related work experience, or Master’s degree and a four-year college degree that includes technical coursework and four years related work experience, or PhD and Masters/four-year college degree which includes technical coursework and two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM.
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Raul.Brown@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!