Systems Administrator (Open Systems)
Reference Code: 7297
Client: Leading Specialty Distributor
Location: Fort Worth, TX 76106 (Hybrid, 3 days onsite)
Duration: Direct-hire (Fulltime)
Compensation: Excellent Salary + Benefits
The Systems Administrator, within our Open Systems team, is accountable for all systems monitoring using SolarWinds, administration of VMWare, and Server administration. The Systems Administrator handles assignments of a complex nature and provides guidance and direction to Jr. Systems Administrators.
- Ensures optimal performance and configuration of SolarWinds monitoring and alerting for Servers and Application Manager, Virtualization Manager, and Storage modules. Effectively maintains all SolarWinds systems by performing maintenance patching and application upgrades as needed.
- Ensures optimal performance of Windows and/or Linux servers by proactively conducting ongoing performance monitoring and tuning/adjusting as necessary.
- Acts as a technical lead for implementation of monitoring projects and ensures optimal SolarWinds configurations. Creates optimal SolarWinds infrastructure in support of new monitoring requirements by researching and recommending configurations technologies in support of application and hardware requirements.
- Manages, performance tunes, and supports VMware environment using vSphere 7.
- Supports vMotions, replications, host clustering, and high availability.
- Enhances functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes. Experienced Power Shell user, shell scripts, or other automation tools.
- Ensure service performance meets or exceeds business expectations and is delivered in accordance with SLAs.
- Provides effective Level II help desk support in accountable areas. When scheduled for on-call, 24/7 support may be required. Support includes researching/analyzing issues/requests to determine server (hardware and software)/application related implications, effectively communicating with all impacted parties, and troubleshooting and resolving issues with a sense of urgency to minimize any system downtime.
- Provides support to application developers/programmers by providing technical knowledge and guidance.
Education & Experience desired
- High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science plus five years or more of Server Administration experience; or an equivalent combination of education or experience is preferred.
- Strong implementation and administrative experience with monitoring suites – SolarWinds Orion STRONGLY preferred.
- Strong administrative experience with virtualization, servers, and databases such as: VMware 7.0, Windows Server, MS SQL, Linux, or AIX.
- Strong ability to write new and troubleshoot existing scripts in languages such as Power Shell, UNIX/Linux shell, and Perl and perform standard to complex queries against database resources.
- Thorough understanding of how information is moved around networks, servers, appliances, and other devices. This should include, but not be limited to, servers, VMware, network switches and routers, firewall, and proxy services.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write, and understand documentation and procedures pertaining to the operation of networks, servers, and applications.
- Ability to generate meaningful reports from various data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours.
To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Malik.Khan@blueStoneStaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!