Tech Analyst (Data and Reporting)
Reference Code: 5503
Title: Tech Analyst (Data and Reporting)
Location: Warren, Michigan 48093
Duration: 1+ Year with possibility of extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Tech Analyst (Data and Reporting) who will be responsible for participating in project teams aimed at improving process and quality.
Important Notes for the Position:
Candidates that are both analytical and have automotive knowledge
- This Data Analyst position will be supporting vehicle safety-related investigations.
- The analyst’s main responsibility is to extract, analyse and read vehicle records that may be relevant to an existing safety investigation.
- The analyst will be conducting a thorough data review which includes several hours a day of reading records in order to assess relevance to an existing case.
- A strong working knowledge of vehicle functions, components or sub-components is important in order to competently evaluate records.
- This role also requires regular collaboration with engineers to ensure that the most appropriate records are being pulled, analysed and delivered by a specified required date.
- Applicant must be comfortable working with Microsoft Excel and MS operating system.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to create, maintain, and revise Product Assembly Documents (PAD Analyst), Vehicle Description Summary, Bill of Material, Part Specifications (Specs Analyst).
- Schedule, maintain, and communicate status of all deliverables.
- Understand and follow all work instructions, standards and quality procedures.
- Ability to analyse, root cause and resolve customer reported issues.
- Keeps Supervisor informed of status and issues.
- Participates in project teams aimed at improving process and quality.
- Ability to mentor others in use of tools and processes.
- Represent the group at build events and program meetings.
- Analyses complex data and makes recommendations on unusual and difficult technical problems.
- Keeps records on work performed, analyses complex data collected, and reports results.
- Recommends revisions to product or component design.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies.
- Coordinates and exchanges findings/status/issues with management and engineering personnel outside work group on a frequent basis.
- Presentation of results and recommendations to customers.
- Requires related work experience of at least 10 years.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Highly specialized knowledge of complex engineering concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering math.
- Ability to read the most complex engineering drawings.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Extremely proficient in software, computer, and equipment usage.
- Possesses outstanding leadership type skills.
- Capable of teaching the departmental scope of responsibilities.
- 5 years of demonstrated knowledge of vehicle functions, systems, components and sub-components.
- Fundamental understanding of the mechanics of the vehicle functions.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in automotive.
- Maybe majored in automotive-related degree or likes to do hands-on work on vehicles.
- Looking for a position that she/he can stay in for 2 years minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not mandatory).
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer systems.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skill.
- High level of analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A critical thinker who is able to analyse data, draw insights and likes to problem solve.
- Willingness to learn new skills and methods and needed – continuous learning mindset.
- Understanding of automotive components.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to locate key words when reviewing extensive amounts of data.
- Pulling data from proprietary applications and exporting data to excel.
- Data analyst background.
- Technical automotive background.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Understanding of vehicles.
- Automotive savvy (ex: worked in an automotive call center, worked on a shop floor).
- The ability to remain focused and concentrated when spending hours at a time reading data.
Preferred Work Schedule:
1st shift M- F.
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Raul.Brown@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!