Website Supply Chain
esponsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs for raw materials across multiple locations. This position is also responsible to provide support and work with purchasing leads at multiple locations in identifying initiatives that can generate opportunities for additional savings. Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Prepares RFQ packages and utilizes Full Step to conduct on line bids for current spend of products and services to secure competitive market prices.
- Works closely with Engineering & Program Management to identify, secure and deliver material for samples, tryouts, first runs, ramp up and full production utilizing the Approved Supplier List.
- Executes service agreements, contracts, purchase agreements, letter contracts and purchase orders with suppliers.
- Research and evaluate potential suppliers to ensure product quality and cost competitiveness.
- Supplier development activities and maintenance of the Approved Supplier List and supplier files.
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms
- Manage all Purchasing activity through the Fullstep portal
- Develop vendor cost analysis and comparisons
- Manage freight and logistics as required by the project scope
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of four years procurement experience in buyer specific function.
- Four year college degree preferred with a major in business
- Metal stamping & welding background preferred.
- Experience working with raw materials and material specifications.
- International trade and logistics knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Knowledge of purchasing / accounting processes required.
Computer skills required with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of SAP, Mapics and FullStep is a plus.
Experience with reviewing contracts and negotiating with suppliers.
Experience in regulatory compliance policies and procedures in terms of procurement functions.
Basic cost analysis understanding.