Reference Code: 5198
Location: Chattanooga, TN 37341
Job Type: Direct Hire
Pay rate: $80,000 – $120,000 (commensurate with experience)
Our client, an international automotive components manufacturer, is seeking a Tooling Manager to assume full responsibility for the control, quality, throughput and safety of the tool & die process for all three (3) shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuous improvement leader for all three (3) shifts;
- Plans and administers personnel capacity for optimal production.
- Trains, directly supervises and communicates to the employees regularly the tool & die and safety guidelines;
- Leads individual and team meetings;
- Assists in the preparation and optimization of maintenance plans of dies;
- Document and assess repairs made;
- Order and maintain spare parts stock.
- Ensure cleanliness and order in department.
- Assists in leading individual and team meetings.
- Ensure safety rules and PPE being adhered to;
- Planning of schedules, shifts and vacations;
- Start immediate actions in the removal and repair of production failures.
- Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
- Participation in the Internal ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO 9001/IATF 16949 internal auditors).
- Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO 9001/IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years automotive supervisory/lead experience preferred;
- 10+ years in tool & die, with a journeyman card required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to email@example.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!