Reference Code: 4991
Title: Validation Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI 48243
Duration: 26 Weeks With possibility of extension
- This Post-Production Licensed Parts Engineer (PPLPE) will review licensed parts and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that such licensed parts are acceptable for our customers.
- Provide input on review criteria to accept eCommerce parts
- Investigate and confirm part data
- Review and analyze design and engineering deviations compared to original parts.
- Maintain communications, build relationships, and represent Engineering with internal teams and external licensees
- Provide input regarding eCommerce part availability
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Optimize a dedicated engineering resource to evaluate the potential GM Restoration parts arriving to the attention of the licensing manager.
- Continued engineering evaluation of proposed licensee parts against the GM OE design.
- In the case of aftermarket parts, evaluate its ability to best represent the would-be GM design expectations.
- Increased communication with existing and new prospective licensee’s concerning design intent and product manufacturing per post-evaluations in advance of the license manager proceeding with license agreement.
- Support e-commerce initiatives.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying restoration suppliers of components GM deems necessary and currently trending within the restoration market.
- Maintain appropriate Business/Non-business records and files.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology or equivalent experience.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of engineering theory/principles and operation of mechanical mechanisms.
- High level of detail ability to identify the smallest difference in detail amongst a collection of parts.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related areas.
- Knowledge of GM’s engineering related computer software and proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of automotive design and service practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle variants based on RPO code.
- Existing knowledge of classic/legacy GM vehicles and what makes them unique.
- Understanding of OE design parts and how they might differ from inferior aftermarket reproductions which would not properly represent the GM Restoration Parts branding.
- Automotive service experience at the wholesale or retail level.
- Automotive Systems Knowledge & Manufacturing Knowledge.
- Create Math/Drawings/Prints/Specifications/GD&T.
- Computer skills including use of Engineering tools.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems & Tools.
Preferred Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday 8-5 with lunch