Website Application Development
Reference Code: 7129
Vice President of Software Engineering that will Envision, Strategize and Build the Core Platforms and Customer Experiences that will delight customers and drive company growth. As a key leader, you will deliver mission-critical offerings that are highly scalable, available, reliable, and performant. You will drive the transformation towards Engineering Excellence and Continuous Improvement by adopting modern Architectural and Engineering Practices for our Platform. Our cloud platforms are built in AWS using cloud-native technologies, power Mobile Native & Web Applications, provide micro-services, and scale to serve millions of people every year. Finally, you will work in an environment where you can serve all customers with Passion, Innovate and grow along with an empowered team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Technology leader to think strategically, innovate, and drive for results. They build high-performing teams, have a customer focus, and are innovative. With technical and leadership expertise, you will manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget, and oversee the development of Products and Platforms across multiple geographies.
- Be responsible for empowering and enabling a large team to build innovative product and platform assets. Create an engineering culture of collaboration, fun, and innovation where teams feel empowered to learn, test, and iterate.
- Hire and develop a diverse, high-performance team. Mentor, grow and develop engineering talent, be a talent magnet to attract, nurture, and retain senior talent including Engineering Managers, Architects and act as a coach for engineers across the site.
- Drive for Operational and Engineering Excellence with a focus on continually improving in technical areas (e.g., establishing best practices, automation, performance engineering, CI/CD, Information Security, etc.). Foster an engineering culture within the team and across the organization and enable the team to deliver and use operating mechanisms to continually assess progress and improve.
- Have a strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Extremely results-oriented and will help bring out the best ideas from the engineers by empowering them and leading by example. Your team will create and bring customer-driven software products to market that simplify and solve current customer needs while building for the future with a platform mindset.
- As a thought leader, be able to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders globally. Establish alignment of vision, strategy & delivery working with cross-functional teams (Product Management, PD, QA, PMO, Marketing, Finance, Support, etc.) and stakeholders including senior leaders across geographies.
- Define a durable and scalable technology strategy for scaling the platforms for company. Foster a strong and inclusive engineering culture that develops the technical capabilities of the team. Organize and manage the technology-related functions in support of Product releases and deadlines. Participate in continual process improvement planning, architectural processes, and software engineering. Embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for our customers.
- Have a Customer Obsession and be a strong advocate and champion to build delightful experiences. Stay close to customer problems and solve them with urgency.
- Participate in the budgetary process and co-manage the team and capital budgets for the projects,
- Skillful at crafting the SOWs and partnering/managing the Vendors to the SOW terms.
- Manage the support of production application operations and manage the SLAs for the incidents.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of experience as an established technical leader of software engineering teams that have successfully delivered customer-driven software products with a platform mindset.
- 10+ years of experience developing SaaS solutions (Software as a Service)
- Experience with cross-platform application development stacks
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with a minimum of 10+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Passion for creating great products, delivering results, and developing engineers.
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and drive for alignment on technology direction.
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple functions as well as business stakeholders, leading a team with cross-functional collaboration and globally distributed delivery teams.
- Skilled at articulating the product vision and driving the future roadmap with strong business acumen. Ability to think and act strategically for all stakeholders.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to contribute and review architectures, design, and code.
- Expertise in full-stack web development – .Net Core, Vue.js, Angular.js, Ionic Web Components, Microservices Architecture, Elastic Kubernetes Services, Docker, etc.
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies and SaaS and/or mobile technologies.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud computing solutions – AWS Fargate, Dynamo DB, Aurora, Mongo DB, etc.
- BS in Computer Science / or equivalent work-related experience.