Website Application Development
Reference Code: 7294
Job Title: Web Application Developer II
Location: Fort Worth, TX (Hybrid – 3 days on and 2 off)
Duration: Direct Hire ? Full Time
The Web Application Developer II contributes in all areas of software development as a member of a highly functioning Agile Scrum team, building moderate to high complexity customer facing applications for a global enterprise. In addition to the required skills, a successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the array of tools and languages used by the team in order to participate fully as a team member, filling gaps and assisting team mates when needed. This self-motivated individual will bring their technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis, troubleshooting, programming, and will be responsible for providing work estimates for any given or several phases of a project. To excel in this role the team member should have strong business and technical acumen, a best practice mindset and belief that teamwork is an essential component to success.
- The primary responsibility of this role is the development of global web applications using AngularJS, HTML, Java, and Web Services as well as other current web technologies. This individual will be responsible for complete application development including refining development objectives by analyzing user requirements to match system features and functionality outlined; considers all aspects of the change such as hardware limitations, code efficiency, and any other system constraints; converts requirements into logical technical steps for coding; execute custom solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of development options; ensures a timely progression of completion by coordinating testing activities, including test data and results, with Quality Assurance resources.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- This role collaborates directly with the Product Owner, Quality Assurance, and other developers including but not limited to mainframe, database or graphics resources to execute the overall concept providing alternatives based on the technical implications of such requirements. Participates in the development of new Developers providing guidance, training and assistance when requested. In addition, participation in team ceremonies such as planning, grooming, product demonstrations and retrospectives, along with a general readiness to invest in our Agile practice, continuously improving product quality, and team collaboration is a must.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot production problems and development issues in existing or new code across multiple environments and operating platforms are critical to this position along with the ability to provide resolutions to problems by leveraging available resources for research.
- Ability to understand overall architecture of the web applications to effectively identify where in the development stack a problem might be occurring.
- Responsible for the overall quality of code that is being created, maintained, and implemented. This includes the development of applications that run efficiently and adhere to standards by minimizing excess overhead in applications and re-using code and coding techniques.
- Implement best practice coding standards according to code quality inspection tools; ensure long term maintainability of the system by documenting changes according to guidelines; eliminate errors before moving changes to the Quality Assurance environment by thoroughly testing and debugging code.
Planning and Organizing
- All development work is completed using the Scrum process, therefore this role works with the team to refine the backlog, estimate the level of effort and help determine the workload of each sprint. Following documented workflow for promoting code between each environment, including source control, testing and code review is also a requirement.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new & emerging Web technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; leveraging available resources. Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- This role participates in the Programmer of the Week on-call rotation, providing production support on a 24-hour basis.
- Required knowledge of J2EE, Spring, WebSphere, MQSeries, automated build tools. (example: Gulp)
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other Enterprise level content management system experience preferred.
- Experience with Leankit, GIT and SonarCube or other quality and source control tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Object Oriented Design (UML).
- Effective researcher with strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience testing websites, and identifying and correcting any technical problems across platforms and browsers.
- Able to develop sites from technical specifications & graphical representations.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal/teamwork skills in order to develop effective relationships with individuals and groups inside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Experience designing for and implementing responsive website.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Work with others to ensure code standards and best practices are performed.
- Proven history of being able to work in a progressive deadline driven environment.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor?s degree in computer science preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to perceive and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids.
- Detect and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; converse in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
What we offer our team members:
- A great benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) Medical/ Dental/ Vision, 401(k)/Roth plan with matching, Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Ongoing training throughout your employment with opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities through philanthropic opportunities
For more information, please call our Recruiter directly at 847.440.2458. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!