Duration: 13 Week Contract
Shift: Days – Mon – Friday
One of Ohio’s largest correctional systems is seeking a skilled and compassionate Licensed Psychologist. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience while making a difference in the community of Youngstown, OH.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers, physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care follow-through occurs.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment needs.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
- Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical, educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to gather information and understanding into the reasons for the escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health condition of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the state where practice occurs.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one year in a comparable position.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
We are Interviewing Now!blueStone Staffing Solutions brings top talent to some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you’ll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieve your goals!