Work on highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. Expert with modern data architectures, data modeling, ETL design, business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure create significant business impact. You possess exceptional technical expertise in large scale data warehouse and BI systems
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with the product owner and data stakeholders to understand the business requirements and implement optimal data solutions.
- Architect, implement, and operate stable, scalable, and highly performant data pipelines that cleanse, structure, and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end-user analyses and reporting.
- Build & operate the Enterprise Data Platforms on AWS technologies to optimize our data lifecycle and enable next-generation data analytics.
- Provide architectural, functional, and process guidance on system capabilities and solution approaches.
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership to other members of the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Engineering or Quantitative Field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data Warehousing design & implementation (preferably with a cloud-based warehouse e.g. Redshift or Snowflake)
- 5+ years of strong experience with SQL and ability to write efficient code for high volume data processing
- 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting high performing ETL/ELT processes, including data quality and testing processes
- 4+ years of programming experience with an advanced language (C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience implementing data lake solutions (preferably on AWS technologies)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Big Data technologies (Kinesis, EMR, AWS Glue, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Experience ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and their application in reporting and data mart applications
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic attention to detail.
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly, and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
blueStone Staffing Solutions brings top talent to some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you’ll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieve your goals!