Job Title: Tax Manager (100% remote)
The Tax Manager is responsible for working with numerous clients across a variety of industries and tax structures including consulting, tax preparation and planning. This individual will oversee the training of internal employees and fostering current and new client relationships along with willingness to address new situations as they arise.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle routine client matters and technical questions and provide tax advice to clients.
- Understand tax compliance, including, review and signing of corporate, partnership/LLC, fiduciary, individual and non-profit tax returns.
- Understand corporate tax matters and flow through entities (e.g.—S-Corps, partnerships)
- Interact with family-owned businesses and year-end tax planning.
- Understand state income tax matters.
- Research and document various tax matters.
- Manage others, including both internal team members and external client relationships.
- Develop client relationships and work to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Understands ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting or equivalent industry experience.
- CPA certification in good standing.
- Advanced computer literacy, including proficient use of all Microsoft Office products.