(Shift: Tu-Fri 6am-6pm)
As a member of the Engineering team, the Controls Engineer will be responsible to lead and support controls, automation, and implementation of projects from the prototype into production phase.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop, and streamline various aspects of electrical controls systems, general electrical circuitry, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and machinery in the plant with use of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electric, HMI Software/ Design, and/or E-Plan
- Provide direction and be able to execute the programming for, installation of, and technical troubleshooting support of PLC ladder-logic based hardware and software applications throughout the plant
- Provide controls and systems engineering support for emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production peak and off-peak run times as needed
- Able to work with cross functional groups, as well as work effectively with Plant Engineers and Maintenance Supervisors to complete projects on time and within schedule.
- Able to read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, machinery assembly drawings, create component hardware BOMs, and determine additional system/hardware components for the design of electrical control systems and circuitry diagrams to perform required maintenance and service
What you'll need
- Experience and working knowledge of CNC/FANUC machines
- 3 – 5+ years of Electrical Controls/System Engineering industry experience
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580.
- Strong Skills in HMI Design
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and basic networking applications and practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of plant power distribution equipment and controls
We're interviewing now!blueStone Staffing Solutions brings top talent to some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you’ll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieve your goals!