3rd Shift (10pm – 6am)
As a member of the Engineering team, the Engineer will be responsible for all plant equipment controls engineering & improvement functions and overall plant operational support.
What You'll be doing:
- Develops implementation strategies for modifications to plant layout (AutoCAD) and production processes.
- Modifies programming for PLCs (typically Allen Bradley), HMIs, robots, vision inspection cameras, electric torque tools and plant automation as needed – often with and while directing Maintenance team.
- Troubleshoots problems with processes and hardware
- Coordinates with others in order to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions
- Responsible for installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software
- Analyze plant processes, design, and implement improvements
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Develops implementation strategies for modifications to plant layout and production processes
- Instructs maintenance on modifications or repairs to production equipment
- Supervises Skilled Trades for projects and to cover Supervisor absences
- Ensures compliance with the following legislation: OHSA, CSA, ESA, PHSR, WSIB, Human Rights, Employment Standards, and Labor Relations
What you'll need
- Post-Secondary Education or Experiential Equivalency
- High School diploma is required
- Degree/Diploma in related Engineering/Automation discipline
- 3 years’ experience in a Controls Engineering position within the Manufacturing and/or Automotive Industry
- Understanding of JIT (just in time) manufacturing
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580.
- Strong Skills in HMI Design, Preferably FactoryTalk View and Ignition; WonderWare. LabVIEW
We're interviewing now!blueStone Staffing Solutions brings top talent to some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you’ll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieve your goals!