Leading global agribusiness
Hybrid (Tuesdays onsite in St. Paul, MN)
Contract to hire
Excellent pay rate + benefits
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will play an active role in the month end close and financial reporting process for designated business units.
- Ensure completion of monthly accounting activities, including journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and other tasks required for financial close.
- Prepare, analyze, and review general ledger account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Collaborate cross functionally and serve as a business partner to aid in the preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Prepare schedules in support of reporting required for SEC disclosures.
- Prepare journal entries for accuracy and evaluate accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead efforts to implement solutions related to process efficiencies, standardization, system enhancements, and improved reporting capabilities.
- Contribute to the month-end and quarter-end close process for assigned business unit or group, understanding, and utilizing the appropriate information systems and technology.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues, providing explanations and interpretation.
- Support ongoing finance transformation by assisting in data validation, error escalation, and system configuration efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Nice to haves:
- CPA, CMA, or CFA certification
- Experience with Blackline, SAP, and JDE accounting software
- Proficient in MS Office suite Previous Ag related experience
- Enterprise transformation experience