Senior BI / Data Engineer (Tableau)
Large financial solutions company
3 months assignment, possible extension
Excellent pay rate
- Work with business partners, product development teams and senior designers to capture requirements & determine solutions that integrate with existing BI assets, prototypes, and systems.
- Design, build & manage data and ETL for enterprise BI platforms with a mind toward accuracy, scalability, rigid governance, and high performance.
- Architect, implement, and operate stable, scalable, and highly performant data pipelines that cleanse, structure, and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end-user analysis and reporting.
- Create ETL procedures and SQL queries to assemble data from legacy systems and diverse technical environments into a highly functional data warehouse.
- Utilize database technologies, including Redshift, AWS Athena, Snowflake, and other cloud technologies to implement the enterprise vision for BI source data.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses.
- Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with executive leadership.
- Work with business owners and partners to understand their requirements and to build data sets that answer specific business questions.
- Provide architectural, functional, and process guidance on system capabilities and solution approaches.
- Degree in Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related quantitative field (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data Warehousing design & implementation (preferably with a cloud-based warehouse e.g., Redshift or Snowflake)
- 5+ years of strong experience with SQL and ability to write efficient code for high volume data processing.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting high performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing processes.
- 3+ years of programming experience with an advanced language (C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience implementing data lake solutions (preferably on AWS technologies)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, QlikView, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with GitHub or similar “code management” systems and repositories.