Website Application Development
Reference Code: 7966
IT Business Analyst
Location: Hybrid (4 days remote, Tuesdays on-site in Beloit, WI)
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
Our client, a multi-billion dollar leader in the Building Materials space, is searching for a Business Analyst. The overall objective of the Business Analyst (BA) is to lead the business analysis efforts for company IT projects, especially complex initiatives, using the established business analysis guidelines. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing, successful company and to work on exciting, impactful initiatives with a great team of peers.
How you will spend your days:
- Direct business analysis effort for strategic initiatives or divisional level projects/programs of the highest complexity and impact.
- Partnering with enterprise architects, BRMs, and/or solution architects, work with business sponsors to define business requirements.
- Facilitate cross functional product team meetings to ensure understanding of the business and technical implications of client requirements across multiple functional areas
- Identify project stakeholders and elicit requirements from the stakeholders using appropriate methods.
- For waterfall projects ? Document functional requirements and non-functional requirements according to standard templates, using natural language clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- For Agile projects ? Document all user requirements, functional requirements and non-functional requirements clearly, unambiguously and concisely in the agreed upon user story format.
- Document current and future processes.
- Lead and facilitate ongoing requirement or user story prioritization.
- Working with the enterprise architect and/or solution architect, provide research and analysis to support the selection of business application software required to support business requirements.
- May be responsible for project management on assigned projects.
- Coordinate the work effort of a project with assigned resources.
- Highlight project issues and project risks that could cause the project to not meet expectations.
- Document change requests and follow the approval process.
- Provide end-user perspective in functional and acceptance test development
- Ensure all documentation is kept complete and up to date
Qualifications, Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor?s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Information Systems, Accounting, Business Management, Project Management or related degree
- Experience: 3-5 years Professional experience/certification in business analysis preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, verbal communication, and documentation skills
- Experience developing complex, integrated business requirements for information technology projects
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively
- Experience with introducing new methods and techniques to improve process efficiencies
- Solid knowledge of business rules
- Being able to effectively communicate with stakeholders about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Ability to manage conflict and escalate situations effectively as needed (resource constraints, conflicting goals, disagreements etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and observe when there are additional areas to explore that may not initially be vocalized
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively work independently and across teams, functions and departments.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SDLC and/or ITIL
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
For more information, please call Terra Stahlbaum directly at 847-440-2464.
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!