Reference Code: 4722
Our client, a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 49,000 people in 57 countries, is looking for a Controls Engineer to provide functional and technical support to the Manufacturing team.
Title: Controls Engineer
Duration: 50 Weeks, 5 Days with possibility of extension.
Location: Warren, MI, 48092
Shift: 1st shift
Travel: As required. they may have to travel to other plants in Michigan. Nothing out of state. Maybe up to 5% travel to Canada to check parts
- Provide Plant Floor Systems technical execution support for North American assembly operations as required
- Provide technical expertise on the design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of the PFS systems
- Providing technical direction and oversight to outside vendor sources
- Work may be independent in nature or require the assistance from plant personnel.
- Support project teams with commissioning of PFS system throughout North America.
- Support plants with root cause identification of process and/or PFS related issues.
- Act as direct interface between IT and the execution teams as well as other support organizations
- Audit PFS hardware and software implementations for adherence to standards
- Drive solutions using common systems and global standards
- Provide PFS Execution training and guidance to suppliers and execution engineers
- Create, maintain and improve PFS standardized work, processes and procedures
- Actively gather and drive closure of lessons learned
– Hands on experience
– 6- 10 years of experience as a Controls engineer
– PLC programming
– Knowledge of GM standards
- Communication with IT
- Be able to follow up and create open issue list to resolution
Preferred: candidates with former GM experience
Preferred Work Schedule: As required.
If you are looking for your next career move, then contact me at 248.997.4531 or email me at Pat.Adams@bluestonestaffing.com