Reference Code: 4460
Title: Controls Engineer
Duration: 51 Weeks, 5 Days with possibility of extension.
Location: Warren, MI, 48092
Shift: 7:30 – 4:30 or 8am – 5pm, flexible on the hours of day.
Travel: Travel to Client sites around USA, MX and Canada
Controls Engineer working on design of controls systems using Rockwell PLC and Siemens HMI. 1. What are the top 3 Skills this candidate must have (hard skills, not soft skills)?:
1) This position requires significant expertise in PLC/HMI/Drives programming. Please give an example of a complicated programming problem you solved recently.
2) Client uses Rockwell Guardlogix safety PLC systems exclusively for equipment. Please describe any experience you have implementing safety PLC systems.
3) The Process Engineer (Controls/Robotics) requires manufacturing plant site experience and program launch experience in order to provide the technical oversite required. Please describe the qualifications you poses to demonstrate the knowledge required that enable you to design and support manufacturing control systems.
2. What type of personality performs best within your team, given the overall environment, and workplace dynamic (energetic, heads down, process driven, etc.)?
a. Problem solver and tech savvy.
b. Works on his/her own with little direction – self driven and motivated
c. Works well with others – good peer relation and collaboration.
- Team covers all North America and Mexico and some global divisions of Client with the assembly robotics drives.
- Will travel to Client facilities in Ohio mostly Pharma, and Mexico and Canada plants. Contractor would pay for these expenses up front and is able to. Size of team 15 FTE and 10 contractors.
- Need role due to increase of workload. Key responsibilities; checking on hardware and software installing equipment, supporting production work in manufacturing plants.
- Bachelor’s degree is not required if they have proper experience 5 years control.
- SSV will be conducted through Skype video conferencing.
- Will be reviewing resumes around 11/15.
- What’s a decision by early December and the contractor starting in January.
- This team goes back onsite to Client in January, virtual right now.
- Possible extension for this contract if the workload is there.
- Will participate in contractor Client shutdown days. Will not be involved in export of controls or work authorization needed. No extra requisition approvals needed.
Work time is flexibly hours:
- 7:30 – 4:30 or 8am – 5pm, flexible on the hours of day.
- Limited OT and not during the week.
- If a weekend work is required is when OT will be needed.
Work Site Description:
Preferred Work Schedule: 7:30am to 4:30
Physical Required: Fit for Work Required