Reference Code: 5247
Title: Manufacturing Engineer 3
Location: Warren, Michigan 48092
Duration: 52 Weeks, 1 Days with possibility of extension
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
• Analyses product designs for best method of manufacture
• Proposes and evaluates the processes for equipment in assigned area
• Directs the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes for an assigned area
• Provides technical support for specific plant operations
• Regular contract with others outside the work group
• Review product and process schematics to understand critical interfaces
• Lead PFMEA discussions with cross functional teams.
• Support, train and mentor Design Release, Product Interface and Manufacturing Engineers in PFMEA development and Risk Mitigation.
• Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate product and process reviews with Product Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Review current quality documentation and integrate lessons learned across multiple programs to reduce customer, enterprise, and manufacturing risk.
• Update and maintain process control plans.
• Generate Status Reports to inform stakeholders on current progress.
• Promote teamwork at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
• Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
• Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
• Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
• Partners with senior management to analyse and solve issues
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
• Basic knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes
• Position related experience – 5 years
• Relevant auto industry experience required – Entry level (<1 year)
• Past work experience required – Entry level (<1 year)
• Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience designing, implementing, operating assembly or stamping plant equipment/systems (preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving goals, team building and decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding of Body Shop, Press and Die equipment design and operations.
- Effectively interface/communicate with vehicle platforms, plant management, manufacturing facilities and planning.
- Demonstrated oral written communication skills including ability to present to all levels of management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- MS Office proficient.
- Experience with PFMEA development and use (preferred).
Preferred Work Schedule:
Core hours 7 am to 3 pm.