Reference Code: 5772
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Warren, Michigan 48092
Duration: 6+ Months
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer who will be Responsible for Analyzing product designs for best method of manufacture.
• Collaborate with Product Engineering to ensure Manufacturing Requirements (MRs) and Best Practices (BPs) are incorporated into product program design releases.
• Assure product designs support Common Datum Locating Strategy (CDLS)/Hole to Hole/Body Shop (ABC Metrics) dimensional strategies
• Assure product designs support global interbuildability strategies.
• Develop and execute Plan for Every Part (PFEP) to support product program execution.
• Manage Manufacturing Concept Sheets and Study Requests and maintain logs.
• Manage Engineering Change Management (ECM) engineering changes that impact Body-In-White (BIW).
• Develop and maintain Product Engineering Drive Cost Increase tracking Log.
• Develop, submit and track material order for tooling integration and buy-off.
• Develop, submit and track material orders for Manufacturing Validation Events
• Support purchased part sourcing process
• Assure the integrated resolution of product/process issues in support of the Issue Resolution Team (IRT) in a support role for plant builds
• Supports the Vehicle Dimensional Quality Manager (VDQM) and Dimensional Team to drive nominal body and in the development of the Critical Interface plan and execution.
• Develop Appendix B1 for Statements of Requirements (SORs)
• Participate in Tech Reviews
• Resolve subassembly strategy issues
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
• Two year degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience.
• High level of oral and written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant personnel, and suppliers
• High level of analytical abilities to solve complex problems.
• Facilitator /leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft software
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in Body-In-White (BIW) tool design and build
• Proficiency in TeamCenter/VisMockup
• Familiar with math based processes
• Familiar with General Motors North America (GMNA) standards
• Knowledge of Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and related deliverables
Additional Candidate Qualifications may Include:
• Extensive hours often required based on stage of Program
• Travel required especially during program launches
Top Required Skills:
· Experience with sheet metal (sheet metal manufacturing is a plus) 3-5 years.
· Experience with product designers or design release engineers 3-5 years.
· Bachelor's Degree or EE.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Work Site Description:
Preferred Work Schedule: 7am – 4pm.
For more information, please call our Recruiter Adam Gibbs directly at 248.997.4532. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!